Thursday, February 14, 2008

TheUnMighty feels the love with "My Valentine."

A few weeks ago I received a call from a good friend, Ben Quinn.  He didn't know that I produce videos, until someone emailed him a link to #Pound# 646.  He explained that he wanted to put together a series of short videos for his blog at TheUnMighty.com.  We met at our office, discussed some ideas, and I cautiously agreed to do a video for him.

Why cautiously?  It has always been my instinct to be very protective of the quality of content associated with Three Coin Productions.  I think I have a subconscious fear that if someone sees a project out of the context for which it was intended, they might interpret that as Three Coin Productions missing the mark.  So in a way to "protect" our image, I tend to tuck away projects, showing them only to their intended audiences, and then hiding them within our archives.

However, after meeting with Ben, and thinking about it more and more, I've come to the conclusion that it's time for me to overcome my fear.  After all, Ben didn't even know I produce videos, until he saw a show that wasn't intended for him.  He didn't come to Three Coin because of our superior production quality, or our advanced editing capabilities.  He came because he watched a short, and thought it would be fun to work with us.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that most of our clients have come to us, not just because of a resumé, but because they enjoy working with us.  And we enjoy working with them. 

There is more to doing good work then just doing good work.  There are hundreds of capable production companies all working on very worthy projects.  What differentiates us all is the people behind the work.  That's the image that I need to protect, or better yet promote.  Three Coin Productions is not only a capable production company, but its fun to work with us.  We are professional, experienced, and no longer afraid to show a lighter side of our company.  How do people know this?  They can see it in all of our projects, even if they aren't the intended audience.

As for our first collaboration with TheUnMighty Ben, it was a riot.  We shot for a few hours, and then edited for a few more.  Nothing fancy, or artsy, but hopefully just something fun.  You can see it at the link below, or on reelconnect.com

Happy watching.

-Garrett Batty
President, Three Coin Productions

 

No comments: